Includes Practice Test Questions
Study Guides Available for BOTH the NPTE for Physical Therapists and the NPTAE for Physical Therapist Assistants...see details below...
How to Pass the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) and National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination (NPTAE), using our easy step-by-step NPTE & NPTAE study guide, without weeks and months of endless studying...
On a beautiful late spring afternoon, this past year, a young woman received the devastating news. She had just gotten back her score on the NPTE. It was not what she had hoped for. In fact, it was not even close to the expectations she had and what she thought her excellent grades in PT school would help her score on the NPTE.
She had failed the test.
The worst part was that she now going to have to take time off from work to study for a future retest and that her hospital employment contract would be in jeopardy.
She didn't look forward to having to tell the embarrassing news to her coworkers, especially after she had boasted that it was no big deal.
"What will I do if I can't pass the retake?" she thought with dismay, slowly realizing the harsh reality of her predicament and its upsetting implications on her future.
How to Solve the Problem
Unfortunately, this hypothetical situation occurs all the time. Someone thought they were going to graduate from PT school, get their dream job, made plans for the future, and then got an embarrassing reality check from their score on the NPTE.
Contrary to popular belief, the NPTE is not a measure of your academic performance, which is why PT students with a perfect 4.0 GPA rarely have a perfect score on the NPTE. The NPTE is quite simply a measure of how well you can apply medical knowledge, concepts, and principles to patient care.
The FSBPT uses the NPTE as a standardized measuring stick to determine who is qualified for certification. While it may not be fair, a physical therapist's entire professional career is dependent upon needing a passing NPTE score.
That is the whole purpose of the NTPE & NPTAE Secrets study guide: to give students the keys to understand how to succeed on the NPTE & NPTAE.
Our Study Guide for the NPTE & NPTAE Is Unlike Any Other
If you'd like to get the NPTE & NPTAE score you deserve, to quit worrying about whether your score on the NPTE & NPTAE is "good enough," and to beat the test taking game so you can become a Physical Therapist (PT) or Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), then this might be the most important message you read this year.
Our comprehensive study guide for the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant Licensure Examination is written by our test experts, who painstakingly researched the topics and the concepts that you need to know to do your best on the Physical Therapist (PT) and Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Examination. Our original research into the National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) and National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination (NPTAE), offered by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT), reveals the specific content areas and the essential skills that are critical for you to know on the NPTE & NPTAE. We've taken the information and developed a study guide that is guaranteed to help you be successful on the NPTE & NPTAE.
Now, we know you may be skeptical, so let us give you three good reasons we can back up what we claim:
The Three Reasons To Believe What We Say
The First Reason:
Our company's name is Mometrix Test Preparation, and we have a team of standardized test researchers who have worked on developing our study guide for the NPTE & NPTAE. The standards for who gets to work on the team are very strict- we demand the best for our customers, and only those who met our exacting standards made the cut. The dedicated research staff have years of combined experience in mastering the content and skills necessary to succeed on the toughest exams.
The Second Reason:
Some academic studies have revealed that test takers do not really benefit from the traditional test preparation process. But we knew there had to be a solution- if test takers were not doing well on the NPTE & NPTAE despite high intelligence, there had to be a set of secret keys to the test that would open the door of success for these test takers.
We believe we have succeeded in finding the secret keys of the exam. What we found was surprising, and in some cases ridiculously simple once explained to the average test taker.
We put the findings together in a thorough, concise study guide that we believe allows any test taker, at any skill level, to improve his or her results dramatically with a minimum of effort.
The Third Reason:
We created the product in part because we were frustrated by the options available to test takers who really wanted to do well on the NPTE & NPTAE.
A common approach is to TEACH the material, instead of TEACHING THE TEST. That's not necessarily good enough for the NPTE & NPTAE- you have to know how to apply the knowledge. Most test takers already have a general knowledge of the material that will be covered on the exam.
One reason some test takers do well on the day of the test is that they have made the critical connection between the material they learned and how to use the material to succeed on the NPTE & NPTAE.
Our guide addresses the difference between merely knowing the material and knowing how to use the material to perform on test day.
You're going to save time, money, and aggravation. You'll learn to avoid the mistakes and the bad strategies that you've been vulnerable to. Just for starters, here are some ways our product can help your score on the NPTE or NPTAE test...
The Exclusive Test Taking Techniques
- Keys to questions that "give away" the wrong (or right) answers- You get credit for some of the questions without really even knowing anything about them
- Get quick, customized help for the questions you have- just send us a quick email and we'll get back to you promptly with the answer.
- Details the EXACT STUDY PLAN for the NPTE & NPTAE test that we believe gives the most results in the least time- No matter if you're studying for a week or a month, you won't waste the precious study time you have on useless activities
- Our researchers are more than just academic theoreticians who understand the technical nature of standardized tests, but are also experts on test taking itself- they reveal the exact skills and the information you'll need to perform under pressure during the test.
- A systematic analysis and the best breakdown into "plain language" of how to deconstruct and master the toughest problems- You turn the problems that most of the test takers will stumble over to your advantage
- Learn why, when, and how to guess to your advantage. Many test takers use exactly the wrong strategy, but you can avoid the pitfalls with the help of our standardized test experts
- Includes instructions detailing the best way for you to get started with your preparation efforts so you can begin the path of improving your scores immediately
- The most efficient and accurate method for picking the right answer every time- You won't be scratching your head trying to read the mind of the test question writer, but will instead know exactly what to look for to pick the best answer
- Courteous, unlimited customer service is 100% free- if you need the product emailed to a different address, lose the product, or have any other difficulty- the help you need is just a short email away and our representatives are active 7 days a week helping customers
- The research of our team of test experts is 100% independent and original
- Our exclusive "calibration strategy" to help you never go too fast OR too slow when answering even the toughest questions
- The 5-step process we've developed, what we call the "phased" approach, concerning the use of the various study aids and practice tests
- How the problem of procrastination can kill your chance of success, and the most important thing you can do about it
- How to know when you've studied as much as you need to for the exam- and the reason why we think some people should spend LESS time studying for the test
- The Top 20 things you should take care of within 24 hours of taking the test- use the list we provide as a checklist to make sure you've taken care of the "little things" in addition to studying hard
- How to predict the right answer before you see the answer choices- and how to prevent the wrong answers from "polluting" your mind and tempting you into a trap designed by the test writers
- Why answers that "sound" correct are often the very ones that are wrong- and how to tell the difference between the right answer and the many clever-sounding traps set for you by the test writers
- Our "benchmark" method for deciding which of the answer choices you should pick
- How some of the random bits of information in a question often "give away" the right answer choice
- How to "milk the question" for clues to the right answer even if you have no idea what the question is asking about
- How to avoid panicking when you don't know the answer to a question- we offer a systematic method that will serve as the "lifeline" you need to minimize the time wasted on the test questions that leave you stumped
- What to do about the tough questions that you have no clue how to answer- don't just give up, use the advice we offer to make sure you give yourself the best chance of getting the right answer
- How to use our brainstorming method to get "inside the question" and reveal the hard-to-find clues and some of the subtle things you didn't realize you knew
- Do you know what a "hedge phrase" is? Learn why looking for the key "weasel words" in the question can help identify the correct answer
- Why "new information" in the answer choices almost always means that the answer choice is wrong- and the way to avoid this trick planted by the clever test writers
- Learn to avoid this time-draining mistake on the test - why the technical terms you don't know can be a major stumbling block and waste precious time, and the way that you can work around them
- The secret to using the contextual clues in the questions and the answer choices to make important distinctions between the right and the wrong answer choices
- The two situations where you should NOT check your answers thoroughly
- How to avoid careless mistakes by using the quick "double check" system. It will more than pay for itself relative to the time it will take you
- Test writers will often quote directly from the question in an answer- learn whether this is something you should trust or avoid
- Why "extreme statements" in the answer choices are dead giveaways for wrong answers- find out how to detect the subtle differences between reasonable answers and the answers that are almost always wrong
- Learn how to group your answer choices into "families" that often narrows down the pool of correct answers- this is a quick way to immediately eliminate one or two of the answer choices and increase your odds of getting the question right
Now, you're probably wondering how and why we can do all the things we claim.
Let us explain.
Before we go any further, let us clarify what NPTE & NPTAE Secrets is not. It is not a stale rehash of all of the things you have already learned in the past.
NPTE & NPTAE Secrets is our exclusive collection of the tips and the information that we have specially selected to give you the best results on the NPTE or NPTAE for the least time spent studying. It's written in everyday language and is easy to use.
We cover the 5 essential skills necessary to do well on the NPTE & NPTAE test, plus comprehensive reviews covering all of the essential test sections individually.
Warning: Always Look for These 6 Criteria
There is a lot of confusion surrounding studying for the NPTE & NPTAE, and standardized tests in general. In our opinion, these are the 6 criteria you should always look for in a study guide for the NPTE or NPTAE:
One: The guide must be written by writers who have painstakingly researched the topics and concepts needed to succeed on the NPTE & NPTAE. The blind cannot hope to lead the blind.
Two: The guide must be written in easy-to-use everyday language so all test takers can access the information.
Three: The guide must be to-the-point, with no fluff to distract the test taker from the truly important information.
Four: The guide must address the test first, the material second. If the material was the only thing that was important, then every test taker that understood the material should get a perfect score- that doesn't happen because there's a difference between simply knowing what's on the test and the way you perform on the test. You want a study guide to close that gap.
Five: The guide must motivate the test taker to actually study for the exam. If the guide is hard to read, the time spent studying will be slow and painful, and the results will be meager.
Six: The guide must be guaranteed- if you don't pass with flying colors, you get your money back- no questions asked.
You get at least 10 times your money's worth!
When you consider what's at stake with the exam, we believe the value of our study guide gives you at least ten times your money's worth.
In summary, here's what you get:
When you buy NPTE & NPTAE Secrets, it includes-
The 5 Secret Keys to NPTE & NPTAE Test Success:
- Time is Your Greatest Enemy
- Guessing is Not Guesswork
- Practice Smarter, Not Harder
- Prepare, Don't Procrastinate
- Test Yourself
The comprehensive General Strategy review including:
- Make Predictions
- Answer the Question
- Valid Information
- Avoid "Fact Traps"
- Milk the Question
- The Trap of Familiarity
- Eliminate Answers
- Tough Questions
- Read Carefully
- Face Value
- Hedge Phrases
- Switchback Words
- New Information
- Time Management
- Contextual Clues
- Don't Panic
- Pace Yourself
- Answer Selection
- Check Your Work
- Beware of Directly Quoted Answers
- Extreme Statements
- Answer Choice Families
The comprehensive review including:
- Heart Chambers
- Cardiac Cycle
- Systemic Circulation
- Lymphatic System
- Pulmonary Physiology
- Cardiac Risk Factors
- Korotkoff Sounds
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
- Coagulation Profile
- C-Reactive Protein
- Tropinin T
- Heart Tissues
- Natriuretic Peptides
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
- Acid-Base Imbalances
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Myocardial Infarctions
- Atrial Rhythm Disturbances
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor Musculature
- Diastasis Recti
- Sacroiliac/Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Joint Laxity
- Cesarean Section
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Spinal Cord Injury Patients
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Aquatic Exercise
- Cerebral Hemispheres
- Brain Stem
- Anterior Horn Cells
- Autonomous Nervous System
- Nerve Cell Damage
- Piaget's Theory Of Intelligence
- Maslow's Hierarchy
- Glasgow Coma Scale
plus all of the other special tips and secrets we have included to help you prepare for the exam...
Receive the Following Bonuses
Since we know it's 100% to your benefit to use our study guide, we want to further encourage you by also including the following with your order:
NPTE & NPTAE Practice Test Questions- Think you're ready for the NPTE & NPTAE? Test yourself using our practice test questions. Find out if you're prepared or if you need to head back to the study guide for another review. Use our practice test questions to make sure that you're not caught off guard on the day of the test!
Our NPTE & NPTAE practice test questions give you the opportunity to test your knowledge on a set of questions. You can know everything that is going to be covered on the test and it will not do you any good on the day of the test if you have not had a chance to practice. Repetition is the key to success and using the practice test questions allows you to reinforce the strengths you already have, while improving the weaknesses that you need to overcome.
Detailed answer explanations are included for the questions. It may sound obvious, but you have to know which questions you missed (and more importantly why you missed the question) to be able to avoid making the same mistakes again when you take the real test. That's why the practice test questions we include for the NPTE & NPTAE include answer keys with detailed answer explanations to each question. The in-depth answer explanations will allow you to better understand the questions that were difficult for you or that you needed more help to understand.
Study Secrets- The way to get the test score that you deserve is by proper preparation. The best preparation includes both knowing what to study and how to study. Our NPTE & NPTAE Secrets study guide will teach you what you need to know, but our Study Secrets bonus will show you HOW to use the information to be successful on the NPTE & NPTAE. The ability to learn faster will accelerate the progress you make as you study for the test. Here is some of what is included in the bonus:
- Starting off right by having the proper mindset and intensity
- Designing the right plan and the right schedule to help you stay focused
- Creating the right goals that will help you target the success you deserve on the test
- Working through your preparation plan as you study
- Recognizing the difference between effective and ineffective studying
- Understanding how to use the resources you have available and identifying the key information you need to succeed
- Being prepared for the unexpected and staying focused on the day of the exam
Study Secrets teaches you everything you need to know about studying, so that you can maximize the effectiveness of the time you spend in preparation; the techniques provided are guaranteed to get you the results you deserve on the day of the test. Study Secrets is the most in-depth, comprehensive study manual available and is completely free with the purchase of NPTE & NPTAE Secrets.
Musculature/Innervation Review- Could you still name the origin and insertion of all the major muscles? How about the Pectoralis Major? Use our exclusive musculature and innervation review to prepare for your medical career. This information will be an excellent resource for reviewing anatomical associations between muscles, bone, and nerves.
Myotome and Dermatome Screening Reference- Allows you to assess orthopedic patients and determine the spinal cord level of dysfunction. These are commonly missed questions on the NPTE & NPTAE and so we help strengthen this area of your knowledge.
Handling Difficult Patients- Every physical therapist will eventually get a difficult patient on their list of responsibilities. These patients can be mentally, physically, and emotionally combative in many different environments. Consequently, care of these patients should be conducted in a manner for personal and self-protection of the physical therapist. We provide you with a list of guidelines to use when handling these difficult patients.
Standard Precautions- Standard precautions are the precautions taken to avoid contracting various diseases and to prevent the spread of disease to those who have compromised immunity. These universal precautions are needed since many diseases do not display signs or symptoms in their early stages and should be used with all patients. Make sure you are up to date on all of these precautions which could help protect you against diseases such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), and hepatitis B (HBV).
CPR Review/Cheat Sheet- Do you know the rate or the depth of compression for an infant? Use our quick review/cheat sheet to make sure that you don't forget the critical CPR information that you might need to know sooner than you think. Every professional in the medical field needs to know CPR. Reduce study time by using our CPR Review guide and increase your level of preparation for the medical emergencies you may have to face.
NPTE & NPTAE Test High Frequency Medical Terms- This is our exclusive collection of medical diagnostic and intervention terms that frequently appear on the NPTE & NPTAE Test. We have included this list of high frequency terms to help focus your study time so you won't get off-guards with terminology you may not have thought about reviewing.
Lesion Chart Review- Utilizes key signs and symptoms to help you remember the specific neurological lesion location in the brain. This is a valuable quick reference chart that keeps you from making typical mistakes.
How to Overcome Test Anxiety- Do you get really nervous the day before important tests? If so, you could be suffering from a mild form of what's known as "test anxiety." The report we include gives you some of the latest important research into test anxiety, including our exclusive tips on how to make the test-taking experience as stress-free as possible while maximizing the score potential you have.
Basic Review of Types of Fractures- Could you tell the difference between a traumatic fracture and a fissured fracture? How about a greenstick fracture? Use our exclusive review of the different type of fractures to refresh your memory and give you everything you ever wanted to know about fractures.
By the way, the bonuses are yours to keep even in the unlikely event you decide to take advantage of our ironclad money-back guarantee:
You can't lose with our 100%,
ironclad, moneyback guarantee
We insist that you order NPTE & NPTAE Secrets entirely at our risk. That's why it comes with a Risk-Free, 1-year 100% Money-Back Guarantee. There's absolutely NO RISK on your part. Why are we going to such great lengths?
Even though we are absolutely confident in the quality of our study manual and its ability to help you get the results you deserve, we want to completely eliminate the possibility of any remaining doubts or concerns.
So go ahead and order your copy of NPTE & NPTAE Secrets today. Take the time to read it, use it, and profit from it. If you use any one of our secrets, and somehow fail to recoup your small investment in the form of the test result you want - send us an email at , and you get an immediate 100% refund of the purchase price.
Now let us take the guarantee one step further. If you don't like this exclusive book for ANY reason you can return it for an immediate 100% refund of the purchase price. And remember, this is a 1 year guarantee. You're free to return it at any time, for any reason, up to one year after the purchase date- no hassle, no questions asked.
We understand that it may be hard for you to believe that this sort of information really exists- something that is unconditionally guaranteed to work or your money back, and is being offered at such a low price. If you don't mind, let us speak from the heart and we'll let you in on one of our main motivations:
We're sick and tired of good people losing opportunities because of the score they get on a test.
A good test score opens doors- and when the door doesn't open, dreams and ambitions die, and we think that's a horrible thing.
If you think there's even the smallest chance that this material will help you, you owe it to yourself to try out our product. Don't let fear or doubt stand in the way of what could be the best opportunity you have to achieve the test score you need to fulfill the dream you deserve.
What we're saying is, don't decide now if the product is for you. Just get it and try it out. If it doesn't do everything we say and more, if you don't save time, money, and frustration, if it isn't what you thought it was, if it doesn't work for you, you have nothing to worry about because you can get every dime of your money back under the no-loopholes guarantee. So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Get the NPTE & NPTAE Secrets Study Guide
Here's how to order right now!
NPTE & NPTAE Secrets can be ordered directly from this site. A printed copy will typically ship within one business day from our shipping facility.
Or, if you prefer, you can order the study guide as an instantly downloadable ebook. It doesn't require any special software- if you can read this web page, and have access to a computer, you have all you need to start using and applying NPTE & NPTAE Secrets in just five minutes. You don't have to wait for anything to come in the mail. Download NPTE & NPTAE Secrets to your computer immediately!
Both versions are the same price and contain the same information- if you need instant access and are comfortable with ebooks, order the ebook. If you would prefer the physical book and can wait for the product to arrive in the mail, order the printed book.
It's easy to order your copy of NPTE & NPTAE Secrets. These comprehensive packages retail for
$105.99 or more, but are available to you today starting at the incredibly low price of $56.99. Just click one of the links below.
|Click here to order a Printed Book||Click here to order an Instant Download Ebook|
|NPTE Secrets (printed book)||NPTE Secrets (ebook download)|
|NPTAE Secrets (printed book)||NPTAE Secrets (ebook download)|
By Jay Willis
This Page Last Updated: 04/09/2015